Drivers for the rideshare companies are seeing much of their pay go to expenses while Lyft and Uber prepare for their IPOs For over a year ...

‘I made $3.75 an hour’: Lyft and Uber drivers push to unionize for better pay

Drivers for the rideshare companies are seeing much of their pay go to expenses while Lyft and Uber prepare for their IPOs

For over a year Rob Mead has worked as an Uber driver in Reno, Nevada, to supplement his income as a public sector worker. Now he’s wondering if it is worth it. “After gas, added monthly rideshare insurance, wear-and-tear, constant oil changes and taxes that $300 for 30 hours of work I thought I made in a week actually averages down to about $90 after expenses,” said Mead.

Related: ‘I’m so done with driving’: is the robot car revolution finally near?

Continue reading...

from World news | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2HIcAl7
via IFTTT

from SNAITAR https://ift.tt/2ujn7eF
via IFTTT