During those moments in our lives when we feel stressed or overwhelmed, we find ourselves revisiting the self-care practices and products t...

The Best Weighted Blankets, According To Soothed Reviewers

During those moments in our lives when we feel stressed or overwhelmed, we find ourselves revisiting the self-care practices and products that work best for soothing our overworked and over-tired minds. And from our current WFB (Work From Bed) posts, we’ve got weighted blankets top of mind to get that comforting job done.

Weighted blankets are designed for everything from simulating a hug to reducing stress and improving sleep — but, as an anxiety-management solution, they aren’t for everyone. At most, the heavyweight throws can serve as a mechanism that provides a feeling of support and calm by replicating deep-pressure touch; at least, it can be used as an extra snuggly layer to add to your couch or bed-scape. Ahead, we’ve rounded up the top-reviewed weighted blankets on the market according to customers who are soothed by them IRL — from handwoven velvety knits to glass bead-filled quilted styles.

And remember: If you are experiencing anxiety and are in need of crisis support, please call the Crisis Call Center’s 24-hour hotline at 1-775-784-8090.

Welcome to Hype Machine, our hit-list of the top reviewed products across the web — according to a crowd of die-hard shoppers. Call this your 4-star & up only club, with entry granted by our devoted-to-the-goods shop editors.

At Refinery29, we’re here to help you navigate this overwhelming world of stuff. All of our market picks are independently selected and curated by the editorial team. If you buy something we link to on our site, Refinery29 may earn commission.

Brooklyn Bedding Dual Therapy Weighted Blanket


This weighted blanket has one smooth, satin-y side to cool down hot sleepers, and a dotted fleece side for peak coziness.

The hype: 4.7 out of 5 stars and 102 reviews on Brooklyn Bedding

What they're saying:
"High quality weighted blanket that is well designed. Definitely helps me fall asleep faster, and my sleep is deeper and more refreshing. I’m excited to try the cool side once the summer months roll around." — Luis, Brooklyn Bedding Reviewer

Brooklyn Bedding Dual Therapy Weighted Blanket, $, available at Brooklyn Bedding

Casper Weighted Blanket


Casper’s recently-launched weighted blanket features quilted channels inspired by down jackets, a breathable cotton cover, and is filled with microbeads for even weight distribution.

The hype: 4.6 out of 5 stars and 25 reviews on Casper

What they’re saying: “My husband has trouble falling and staying asleep so I got him this blanket for Christmas. It worked like a dream. Not only did it help him fall asleep, he slept through the night. The weight of the blanket distributes evenly and it is quiet. The blanket 'brought an instant feeling of calm' allowing for a great night’s sleep! ” – Katie, Casper reviewer

Casper Weighted Blanket, $, available at Casper

Luna Cotton Weighted Blanket


This breathable and hypoallergenic blanket is made with 100% organic cotton and is filled with polyester and microfiber made from recycled plastic bottles and glass beads. For extra personalization and easy cleaning, choose from one of Luna's weighted blanket covers.

The hype: 4.4 out of 5 stars and 9,093 reviews on Luna

What they’re saying: “I’ve only been using my blanket for a week, but so far I love it and have had some really comfortable, deep sleep at night! I got the 15-lb blanket and I weigh around 125 lbs. I am used to sleeping with a heavy quilt over my bed at night, but I’m loving the extra weight and great quality/fabric of my Luna blanket! The weight feels so relaxing and not too heavy or hot! I’m excited to try using it for relaxing on the weekends while reading and napping as well. Highly recommend!!” – Kelly C., Luna reviewer

LUNA Cotton Weighted Blanket, 12lb, $, available at Luna

Bearaby Cotton Napper


This beautiful napper is hand-knit with a chunky, layered weave of organic cotton and zero artificial fillers — it comes in customizable weights of 15, 20, or 25 lbs.

The hype: 4.8 out of 5 stars and 1,612 reviews on Bearaby

What they're saying: "Perfect for cooler sleeping! I really like weighted blankets but get very easily hot under them. This knitted style has worked perfectly at night, with a flat sheet under it. I am sleeping much more soundly now, compared to a light blanket." – Melissa, Bearaby reviewer

Bearaby Cotton Napper, $, available at Bearaby

Bedsure Weighted Blanket


This highly-rated option comes in weights from five to twenty-five pounds and comes with a removable duvet cover with embossed dots for an additional sensory experience.

The hype: 4.7 out of 5 stars and 1,775 reviews on Amazon

What they're saying: "I LOVE this blanket. It is the perfect weight and the removeable cover is super soft and easy to clean. The weighted portion ties securely into the cover which has a zipper on the side to close. I sleep with it every night and also plan to get another to keep on my couch. I also haven't had trouble with it being too hot and generally I'm a hot sleeper. 10/10 would recommend!" – Paul D., Amazon reviewer

Bedsure Weighted Blanket Queen Size with Removable Duvet Cover, $, available at Amazon

Zoey Sleep Weighted Blanket


The Zoey weighted blanket is made with breathable fabric and glass beads, allowing for a comfortable and restful sleep for even the warmest of sleepers.

The hype: 5 out of 5 stars and 9 reviews on Zoey Sleep

What they're saying: "I never really write reviews but I was so impressed with this blanket that I have just purchased my second one!! I tried everything to help me sleep better, and am shocked that the weighted blanket worked so magically! From restless legs, insomnia, anxiety, it is an instant fix! I have it draped over me while I write this (lol) and it feels amazing!!" – Morgan, Zoey Sleep reviewer

Zoey Sleep Zoey Weighted Blanket, $, available at Zoey Sleep

Gravity Blanket


Dubbed "The World's Most Popular Weighted Blanket," Gravity's fine-grade glass bead-filled style comes complete with a premium microfleece duvet cover and is offered in a weight range of 15 to 20 or 25 pounds.

The hype: 4.5 out of 5 stars and 2640 reviews on Gravity

What they're saying: "This is one of the best purchases I have ever made. I sleep better than ever, and it also helps me from sleeping on my stomach which I have a habit of doing in the middle of the night. It relaxes me and keeps me asleep throughout the night, which I always had an issue with. I have recommended this to sooo many of my friends who have also purchased one and are obsessed as well. I joke around with family and friends that I should really be working for Gravity Blankets at this point because I talk about it more so than anything else :). Thanks for making my life so much better!" – Jacqueline, Gravity reviewer

Gravity Gravity Blanket (15lb), $, available at Gravity

YnM Weighted Blanket


A bestseller on Amazon, YnM's weighted blanket is crafted from a 100%-cotton cover that's filled with hypoallergenic and non-toxic glass beads. The available weights range from the lightest at five lbs. all the way up to the heaviest at 25 lbs.

The hype: 4.6 out of 5 stars and 40,080 reviews on Amazon

What they're saying: "Best blanket I've ever owned! I’d read the great reviews for this and was hopeful it would help increase sleep time and comfort, and wow! Before I received this weighted blanket, according to my Fitbit, I was averaging about 4.5 hours of sleep per night due to pain. My first night with this blanket and I slept over 7 hours!! Same for my second night. This is so comfortable and comforting. I’m recommending this to everyone I know!" – Jamie, Amazon reviewer

YnM Weighted Blanket, 20 lbs, 48''x72'', $, available at Amazon

Layla Sleep Weighted Blanket


Layla's weighted blanket combines a 300 thread-count 100%-cotton cover, soft fleecy top layer, and padded glass-bead filling with all-encompassing sizing options that run from twin to queen and king.

The hype: 4.7 out of 5 stars and 1,079 reviews on Layla Sleep

What they're saying: "A weight off my mind!🤓 I love, love, love my new weighted blanket! The first night I slipped under it, I felt the day’s problems lift from my mind. I immediately felt relaxed and secure. I’ve been sleeping very soundly and wake up feeling relaxed. I love it so much, I bought a twin size to keep on the couch so I can use it when I watch TV or read. This is a great invention and this particular blanket is very well made. The soft side is SO soft. I’m very happy with it." – Bonnie, Layla Sleep reviewer

Layla Sleep Weighted Blanket, $, available at Layla Sleep

Lucid Premium Soothing Weighted Blanket


Available in four weights and three size options, this top-rated (currently on sale!) cotton blanket is filled with glass beads that are sewn into individual pockets padded with a soft microfiber fill.

The hype: 4.8 out of 5 stars and 290 reviews on Wayfair

What they're saying: "I have a heavier blanket that I use most nights, but I LOVE this one to cover my upper body when it's a little warmer at night, but I still want to feel like I'm covered! Great product and very well made." – Michelle, Wayfair reviewer

Lucid Comfort Collection Premium Soothing Weighted Blanket, $, available at Wayfair

Baloo Weighted Blanket


This eco-friendly, soft-cotton style is double quilted and filled with lead-free glass beads. — the Amazon's Choice buy is available in 12 to 15 and 20 lb. weights.

The hype: 4.6 out of 5 stars and 535 reviews on Amazon

What they're saying: "This is an outstanding quality weighted blanket. I did TONS of research before settling on this one. I found out who the owner of the company is and was impressed with her company mission and production process. Initially, I only wanted a blanket but got to support an amazing company as well. Win-win. FYI: There are multiple features that make this blanket superior. The blanket can be washed! The glass filling is evenly distributed and silent. The weight doesn’t shift at all. The material is the same as organic. The material breathes and I don’t get hot." – KC, Amazon reviewer

baloo Weighted Blanket, 15 lbs, 60x80 inches, $, available at Amazon

Tranquility Weighted Throw Blanket


This under-$30, glass bead-filled style boasts a box-quilt design and 15 lbs. of comforting DTP (Deep Touch Pressure) meant to simulate 8% to 12% body weight.

The hype: 4.6 out of 5 stars and 350 reviews on Target

What they're saying: "I really, really love my new blanket — I have been wanting a weighted blanket for some time now but they are so expensive. This one is a great price! Durable, soft, fabric is cool on the skin and the perfect size. I sleep so much better now." – Sarah, Target reviewer

Tranquility 48" x 72" Essentials Weighted Blanket Gray, $, available at Target

Comforday Weighted Blanket


Crafted from a 100%-cotton cover with a glass-bead filling cushioned on either side by layered padding, this premium-grade blanket offers 20 lbs. of weighted comfort.

The hype: 5 out of 5 stars and 24 reviews on Walmart

What they're saying: "This blanket is fantastic! For someone who struggles with anxiety, this blanket is like a giant hug that instantly calms my body. It's also nice that it is big enough to cover my entire body. The quality of the blanket is great as well and I love that it is machine washable!" – Alvin, Walmart reviewer

Comforday Weighted Blanket, 60"x80", 20 lbs, $, available at Walmart

Like what you see? How about some more R29 goodness, right here?

The Best Eco-Friendly Bedding Brands

Brooklinen Just Launched A Weighted Comforter

How Ready-Kits Can Help You Expect The Unexpected



from Refinery29 https://ift.tt/2Izz9YO
via IFTTT